The New England states request written comments on the topics and discussions addressed in the transmission planning technical forum held on February 2, 2021. Links to the recording and presentations are available at https://newenglandenergyvision.com/transmission-planning/.
Please provide any written comments by March 1, 2021 by submitting them to: Transmission@NewEnglandEnergyVision.com. Comments will be publicly posted on this website. In addition to any particular feedback you may choose to provide, we ask that you also consider providing feedback on the following:
- How would stakeholders like to participate in providing input into the long-term system plan?
- How can stakeholder participation and/or the process be shaped to provide this input as efficiently as possible?
- Would stakeholders be comfortable with having the ISO use state-provided scenarios for the first round of the “2021 ISO-NE Long Term System Plan”?
- Recognizing that the transmission plan will be improved through future iterations, would stakeholders prefer (1) a “fast” first round or (2) an approach where ISO take its time with the first round?
- Please build on the discussion at the technical forum regarding the savings involved in the early implementation of long-term requirements.